Pantha du Prince Signs to Rough Trade, Readies New Album
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Asha Mines
Patron of deep house grooves and esoteric field recordings, French-German Pantha du Prince has decided to switch his label home from the Hamburg-based, boutique Dial to the UK's eclectic Rough Trade. Prince's first order of business at his new home is to drop a brand new 12" entitled The Splendour in early December, which will be promptly followed by his third full-length record, Black Noise, on February 9. Previously a remixer for the likes of Animal Collective, Depeche Mode, and Bloc Party, Pantha du Prince's new music is said to "...balance precariously on the slippery threshold between art and nature, between techno and folklore, which lends it a certain spectral and intangible aspect." We look forward to hearing such forays into a musically transcendental experience.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player