Pantha du Prince Signs to Rough Trade, Readies New Album
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Asha Mines
Patron of deep house grooves and esoteric field recordings, French-German Pantha du Prince has decided to switch his label home from the Hamburg-based, boutique Dial to the UK's eclectic Rough Trade. Prince's first order of business at his new home is to drop a brand new 12" entitled The Splendour in early December, which will be promptly followed by his third full-length record, Black Noise, on February 9. Previously a remixer for the likes of Animal Collective, Depeche Mode, and Bloc Party, Pantha du Prince's new music is said to "...balance precariously on the slippery threshold between art and nature, between techno and folklore, which lends it a certain spectral and intangible aspect." We look forward to hearing such forays into a musically transcendental experience.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player