San Serac to Release New EP on Environ
- Words: James Jano
San Serac, Baltimore native and established disco revivalist, has announced the release of his new EP, Music Never Ends, due to hit the streets November 10 on Environ Records. The digital download also includes a quirky remix by labelmate—and label head—Morgan Geist. This short-but-sweet four-song EP continues San Serac's tendency of using trancey synth lines coupled with faux-horn and bass, resulting in a throwback to some good ol'-fashioned electrofunk. That's not to say Music Never Ends is time-stamped, though, as San Serac's unabashedly soulful voice revitalizes the music with a refined spunk. The end result is a pleasant time warp to an '80s-era Brooklyn from a Spike Lee joint—kickin' it with your homies on the stoop while lamenting racial subjugation and celebrating an oddly unfounded youthful optimism. Peep the tracklist:
1. "Music Never Ends"
2. "Night Work"
4. "Music Never Ends" (Morgan Geist Remix)
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player