Dance Music Giants Come Together for DJ Contest
- Words: Patric Fallon
Some of the biggest brands involved with furthering dance music today, Beatport, Pioneer, Tonium, and DJ Magazine, have joined forces and resources with newcomer website Let's Mix to hold the "Next Generation DJ" contest. The competition is not only a skills battle, showcased by making a mix using exclusive software from the website, but also requires entrants to exercise some shameless self-promotion in the form of creating an identity online, managing a site profile, and telling everyone they know, along with many they don't, about it. Many of the contest's competitors will receive some free equipment, including Tonium's Pacemaker, and media exposure for succeeding, but only the taker of 1st Place will be showcased at the 2010 Winter Music Conference, sign to a record label and DJ agency, and release their own mix compilation through Beatport. It's an exciting opportunity for young tastemakers and party starters to look into. The first stage of the "Next Generation DJ" contest started yesterday and goes til the end of January.
pictured Tonium Pacemaker
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- MP3Liar "Key Party (Spurz 'Key Bump' Edit)"
- MP3HolloH "Laying Awake"
- NewsGroundislava Details Upcoming LP for Friends of Friends
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player