Hyperdub's First 2010 Release Has a Funky Stutter from Scratcha DVA
- Words: Thomas Rees
The venerable Hyperdub label will be staying as busy as ever come the new year, with three highly anticipated singles arriving before the end of March. The first is from young grime upstart DVA (a.k.a. Scratcha DVA), who goes into more UK funky territory on his latest slice, Natty/Ganja. "Natty" features collapsing percussive elements, intense polyrhythms, and a tribal feel that wouldn't sound out of place on a Culoe de Song record. "Ganja," on the other hand, is a bit sillier, its wonky synth line, organ stabs, and soca-like percussion creating a perfect ringtone for mobile devices everywhere.
Natty/ Ganja comes out January 18 on Hyperdub Recordings.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player