Montreal's Mossa and Tiga Ready New Releases
- Words: Patric Fallon
Canadian electro giant Tiga is set to deliver a quartet of digital and vinyl singles complete with remixes and unheard versions of tracks off his recent album, Ciao!. Of the long-player's tracks, Tiga chose "Sex O'Clock," "Overtime," "Gentle Giant," and "Love Don't Dance Here Anymore" to be included in his release series, and asked some of dance music's most respected and interesting producers, the likes of Matias Aguayo, Seth Troxler, Mathew Jonson, Jamie Lidell, Brodinski, and Carl Craig, to include their exclusive remixes. Tiga sweetens the deal even more, adding, “If you purchase all four, I will write your name and credit card information in a special leather-bound book. Also one copy will include a silver ticket, which you can trade in for a golden ticket. Which does nothing.” The weekly remix series will kick off February 1 with "Sex O'Clock."
Also offering up new music in the coming year from the Canadian techno front is Montreal's Mossa. His second album, Festine, comes four years after his debut full-length, 2006's Some Eat it Raw, and is purported to intertwine "jazz, gamelan, techno, and house into a soundtrack for the club, warehouse, café, living room, conversation pit, sweat lodge, brothel, and anywhere over or under the rainbow." Check out the upcoming release on Thema when it hits retailers March 3. The artwork and tracklist is below.
3. Tough Love
4. New Tork
5. I Am You
7. Churros (feat. Mike Shannon)
8. Bum Star
10. Cop A Feel (feat. Dave Aju)
11. Virga (feat. Pezzner)
12. Romancing the Bone
14. The Last Kiss
15. Heather's Feathers
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player