Mad Decent Announces Major Lazer Tour, L-Vis 1990 Remix EP
- Words: Patric Fallon
The folks over at Philly's Mad Decent label just love hooking up their fans. Only a week ago did they give out an entire Gucci Mane mixtape, and now they're handing out even more free tunes. In celebrating the release of UK-based DJ/producer L-Vis 1990's United Groove remix EP (which features re-works from Buraka Som Sistema, Cosmin TRG, Sound Pellegrino Thermal Team, and more), the Decent crew is hooking you up with a free sample of the album—a remix of "United Groove" by Brooklyn-based Kingdom. Check out the track and more info on United Groove Remixes here. In other news: label-head Diplo and his good buddy Switch (a.k.a. Major Lazer) gave us the heads-up on where to snatch pre-sale tickets for their upcoming Lazers Never Die Tour. The tickets are available here. Check out the dates below.
March 28 - Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
March 30 - Cat's Cradle - Carrboro, NC
March 31 - Bourbon St. - Baltimore, MD
April 2 - Starlight Ballroom - Philadelphia, PA
April 3 - Terminal 5 - New York, NY
April 4 - The Middle East - Cambridge, MA
April 6 - BoMa - Columbus, OH
April 10 - Metro - Chicago, IL
April 11 - First Avenue - Minneapolis, MN
April 13 - Cervantes - Denver, CO
April 15 - The Knitting Factory - Reno, NV
April 16 - Mezzanine - San Francisco, CA
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player