Wax Trax! Co-Founder Passes Away
- Words: Thomas Rees
Dannie Flesher, co-founder of Chicago's legendary Wax Trax! Records, passed away of AIDS-related pneumonia on Sunday in Hope, Arkansas. With Jim Nash, Flesher helped foster the burgeoning industrial music scene, putting out countless records from the likes of the Revolting Cocks, Front Line Assembly, Meat Beat Manifesto, Coil, and many others. Though the label was bought by TVT in 1992, and was further stymied by Nash's death in 1995, it is still considered by many to be one of the most original labels to ever come out of the United States.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player