Dublab and Stones Throw Dig for Gold with Secondhand Sureshots
- Words: Patric Fallon
So here it is: the guys that run Dublab (Bryan "Morpho" Younce and Mark "frosty" McNeill) gathered up four LA-based beatsmiths (Daedelus, J.Rocc, Ras G, and Nobody), sent them on a journey throughout their hometown's thrift stores to score all the dusty vinyl five dollars could buy, commissioned them to turn their uncovered records into new music, and transformed the whole experience into an album, documentary, and art piece to be distributed by Stones Throw. Sounds a little like one of our own Tune In An Afternoon episodes, doesn't it? Well, the gang is taking the whole idea quite a bit further with some intricate, hand-screened gatefold packaging and limited-edition 12" picture discs to accompany the Secondhand Sureshots film and album. All of the above will be available March 9. Check out more info on the project here, and watch the trailer below.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player