Dublab and Stones Throw Dig for Gold with Secondhand Sureshots
- Words: Patric Fallon
So here it is: the guys that run Dublab (Bryan "Morpho" Younce and Mark "frosty" McNeill) gathered up four LA-based beatsmiths (Daedelus, J.Rocc, Ras G, and Nobody), sent them on a journey throughout their hometown's thrift stores to score all the dusty vinyl five dollars could buy, commissioned them to turn their uncovered records into new music, and transformed the whole experience into an album, documentary, and art piece to be distributed by Stones Throw. Sounds a little like one of our own Tune In An Afternoon episodes, doesn't it? Well, the gang is taking the whole idea quite a bit further with some intricate, hand-screened gatefold packaging and limited-edition 12" picture discs to accompany the Secondhand Sureshots film and album. All of the above will be available March 9. Check out more info on the project here, and watch the trailer below.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player