Dublab and Stones Throw Dig for Gold with Secondhand Sureshots
- Words: Patric Fallon
So here it is: the guys that run Dublab (Bryan "Morpho" Younce and Mark "frosty" McNeill) gathered up four LA-based beatsmiths (Daedelus, J.Rocc, Ras G, and Nobody), sent them on a journey throughout their hometown's thrift stores to score all the dusty vinyl five dollars could buy, commissioned them to turn their uncovered records into new music, and transformed the whole experience into an album, documentary, and art piece to be distributed by Stones Throw. Sounds a little like one of our own Tune In An Afternoon episodes, doesn't it? Well, the gang is taking the whole idea quite a bit further with some intricate, hand-screened gatefold packaging and limited-edition 12" picture discs to accompany the Secondhand Sureshots film and album. All of the above will be available March 9. Check out more info on the project here, and watch the trailer below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player