Festival Nrmal and MtyMx Bring the Noise to Mexico
- Words: Thomas Rees
Within a week-long period in March, two festivals of epic proportions will be taking place in Mexico's lovely city of Monterrey (pictured above). First up is the Festival Nrmal, which features XLR8R favorites such as YACHT, Daedelus, White Rainbow, Toy Selectah, and many more. With the aim of providing Mexican fans the opportunity to see groups they wouldn't otherwise get a chance to see perform, the day-long festival is certain to be packed. What's more, a week later, New York's Todd P and Mexico's Yo Garage are hosting the MtyMx festival, a three-day event featuring Acid Mothers Temple, Neon Indian, Tanlines, and Telepathe, and so many other groups that it's a bit mind-boggling, except when one considers that SXSW is going on during the same period. Still, both festivals promise to deliver an amazing musical experience to an eager public in one of Mexico's most beautiful cities.
Festival Nrmal happens on March 13. For more information, visit the event's site.
MtyMX happens from March 20-22. For more information, visit the event's site.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player