Gavin Russom Reveals New Project, Single
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Tina Tyrell
The man behind the epic proto-techno jams of Black Meteoric Star, DFA bad-boy Gavin Russom, returned home after spending over a month on tour in Brazil with a new set of musical inspirations that have come together to form his latest project, The Crystal Ark. Under this moniker, Russom, along with vocalist Viva Ruiz, has written a new single, a 12-minute slow-burning number called "The City Never Sleeps," for release on the prolific DFA label. While the sounds heard on The Crystal Ark's debut track aren't unfamiliar for Russom's catalog, the strong vocal presence throughout the song is a new leaf for a producer who erases nearly any human element from his work. "The City Never Sleeps" will be available March 16 on 12" and digital download.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player