Gavin Russom Reveals New Project, Single
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Tina Tyrell
The man behind the epic proto-techno jams of Black Meteoric Star, DFA bad-boy Gavin Russom, returned home after spending over a month on tour in Brazil with a new set of musical inspirations that have come together to form his latest project, The Crystal Ark. Under this moniker, Russom, along with vocalist Viva Ruiz, has written a new single, a 12-minute slow-burning number called "The City Never Sleeps," for release on the prolific DFA label. While the sounds heard on The Crystal Ark's debut track aren't unfamiliar for Russom's catalog, the strong vocal presence throughout the song is a new leaf for a producer who erases nearly any human element from his work. "The City Never Sleeps" will be available March 16 on 12" and digital download.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player