Gavin Russom Reveals New Project, Single
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Tina Tyrell
The man behind the epic proto-techno jams of Black Meteoric Star, DFA bad-boy Gavin Russom, returned home after spending over a month on tour in Brazil with a new set of musical inspirations that have come together to form his latest project, The Crystal Ark. Under this moniker, Russom, along with vocalist Viva Ruiz, has written a new single, a 12-minute slow-burning number called "The City Never Sleeps," for release on the prolific DFA label. While the sounds heard on The Crystal Ark's debut track aren't unfamiliar for Russom's catalog, the strong vocal presence throughout the song is a new leaf for a producer who erases nearly any human element from his work. "The City Never Sleeps" will be available March 16 on 12" and digital download.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player