Gavin Russom Reveals New Project, Single
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Tina Tyrell
The man behind the epic proto-techno jams of Black Meteoric Star, DFA bad-boy Gavin Russom, returned home after spending over a month on tour in Brazil with a new set of musical inspirations that have come together to form his latest project, The Crystal Ark. Under this moniker, Russom, along with vocalist Viva Ruiz, has written a new single, a 12-minute slow-burning number called "The City Never Sleeps," for release on the prolific DFA label. While the sounds heard on The Crystal Ark's debut track aren't unfamiliar for Russom's catalog, the strong vocal presence throughout the song is a new leaf for a producer who erases nearly any human element from his work. "The City Never Sleeps" will be available March 16 on 12" and digital download.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player