Guillaume & the Coutu Dumonts Release New Album
- Words: Thomas Rees
Since 2007, Montreal's Guillaume Coutu Dumont has risen through the ranks of house to become one of the most acclaimed producers working today. With an aesthetic that combines electronic dance music with jazzy, live instrumentation, the man's latest record takes this sonic palette to new heights. Breaking the Fourth Wall not only features the requisite synths and drum machines, but live saxophones, Rhodes and Hammond organs, and soulful vocals. Indeed, the album features collaborations with dOP, Dave Aju, and Dynamike, along with Guillaume's longtime live band. Fitting perfectly with the eclecticism of the Circus Company crew, Breaking the Fourth Wall will only cement Guillaume & the Coutu Dumonts' place in the worlds of house, jazz, and everything in between.
Breaking the Fourth Wall drops May 3 on Circus Company.
2. Can‘t Have Everything feat. dOP
3. 32 Tonnes de Pigeons
4. On The Lips feat. Dave Aju
9. Walking The Pattern
10. Radio Novela feat. Dynamike
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player