Kuniyuki Takahashi Collaborates with Henrik Schwarz on New Album
- Words: Thomas Rees
Kuniyuki Takahashi, better known as simply Kuniyuki, will release his third full-length this spring on the ever-dependable Mule Musiq label. Perhaps best known for the many remixes of 2005's "Earth Beats" and his jazzy deep house style, Kuniyuki's explorations of jazz forms on Walking in the Naked City land somewhere between the deep house of the Moodmusic label and the West Coast jazz swing of Dave Brubeck. Featuring a vocal contribution from Henrik Schwarz and a collaboration with legendary pianist Fumio Itabashi, it is no wonder that Soulphiction and Kalabrese are already in line to remix some of the album's tracks.
Walking in the Naked City comes out March 29 on Mule Musiq.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsStream "Fifty Fathoms" from Marquis Hawkes' Upcoming EP
XLR8R Downloads Player