Kuniyuki Takahashi Collaborates with Henrik Schwarz on New Album
- Words: Thomas Rees
Kuniyuki Takahashi, better known as simply Kuniyuki, will release his third full-length this spring on the ever-dependable Mule Musiq label. Perhaps best known for the many remixes of 2005's "Earth Beats" and his jazzy deep house style, Kuniyuki's explorations of jazz forms on Walking in the Naked City land somewhere between the deep house of the Moodmusic label and the West Coast jazz swing of Dave Brubeck. Featuring a vocal contribution from Henrik Schwarz and a collaboration with legendary pianist Fumio Itabashi, it is no wonder that Soulphiction and Kalabrese are already in line to remix some of the album's tracks.
Walking in the Naked City comes out March 29 on Mule Musiq.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player