Kuniyuki Takahashi Collaborates with Henrik Schwarz on New Album
- Words: Thomas Rees
Kuniyuki Takahashi, better known as simply Kuniyuki, will release his third full-length this spring on the ever-dependable Mule Musiq label. Perhaps best known for the many remixes of 2005's "Earth Beats" and his jazzy deep house style, Kuniyuki's explorations of jazz forms on Walking in the Naked City land somewhere between the deep house of the Moodmusic label and the West Coast jazz swing of Dave Brubeck. Featuring a vocal contribution from Henrik Schwarz and a collaboration with legendary pianist Fumio Itabashi, it is no wonder that Soulphiction and Kalabrese are already in line to remix some of the album's tracks.
Walking in the Naked City comes out March 29 on Mule Musiq.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player