London's Plastic People Under Fire
- Words: Thomas Rees
- Photo: Simon Armstrong
Popular Shoreditch-area club Plastic People has come under fire from the local Hackney town council over concerns about crime prevention and public nuisance claims. Though the council hearing regarding the club's license isn't until March 31, the prospect of losing Plastic People has generated an outpouring of support and appreciation from club-goers all over the world. Perhaps what is most disturbing to many dance music enthusiasts and fans of the club is the regularity with which club closings seems to be occurring in London nowadays, mostly over specious claims of an all-pervasive drug culture. Plastic People, renowned for its world-class sound system and sophisticated clientele, has hosted every type of sound, from the legendary house of Theo Parrish to FWD, one of the original dubstep nights. For updates on the club's status and to show support, check out the Facebook support group.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player