The Whitest Boy Alive Finally Makes it Stateside
- Words: Patric Fallon
It's a strange thing that after releasing two well-received and widely loved albums, not to mention having a member whose name and voice is immediately recognizable, The Whitest Boy Alive has never toured the United States. Thankfully, that will change come this April. The Berlin-based indie-pop quartet will be doing four dates on both coasts, one of which will take place at the Coachella festival. Though there is no particular new release or single they'll be promoting, one could reasonably think that the band might play new material since their last record, Rules, was released about a year ago. Let's hope writing the latest Kings of Convenience album didn't keep Erlend Øye from his pale-faced pop songs. The brief tour's dates are below.
April 14 - Slim's - San Francisco, CA
April 16 - Coachella - Indio, CA
April 20 - Bowery Ballroom - New York, NY
April 21 - Music Hall of Williamsburg - Brooklyn, NY
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player