Wolfgang Voigt Relaunches Profan Label
- Words: Thomas Rees
In the mid-'90s, Kompakt head Wolfgang Voigt launched Profan, a sub-label dedicated to the more abstract side of techno and minimal electronics. But with only one release since 2000, it seemed as if the label had gone the way of minimal itself ...until now! Coinciding with the release of a book of artworks, Voigt is bringing the label back to life with two new releases already planned for 2010. The first is a four-track EP from Voigt project SOG, but the second is the real doozy: a double-CD and art book from Voigt himself, entitled Werkschau. Stay tuned to the Kompakt website as more details emerge!
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player