Xiu Xiu and Deerhoof to Perform Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures
- Words: Thomas Rees
Late April's Donaufestival in Krems, Austria, will see a fascinating collaboration between the depressive pop of Xiu Xiu and the manic rhythms of Deerhoof. The two groups will be combining forces to perform the entirety of Unknown Pleasures, the legendary Joy Division album (and dorm-room staple) which has given music fans some of the most iconic sounds of the past 30 years. While Xiu Xiu's latest record, Dear God, I Hate Myself, was produced by Deerhoof's Greg Saunier, it was actually fan suggestions that gave rise to the plausibility of covering such a vastly important album. As if such a one-time performance wasn't enough reason to get tickets, Fuck Buttons, Panda Bear, Dan Deacon, and many others are also performing at the fest.
Xiu Xiu and Deerhoof will perform Unknown Pleasures on April 29. For more information on Donaufestival as well as early-bird ticket sales, visit the event site.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player