Electric Independence Meets Vince Clarke and His Temple of Synth
- Words: Patric Fallon
Music geeks and tech heads, brace yourselves. VBS.tv off-shoot Motherboard, an online video blog/network that focuses mainly on technology and its effects on culture, premiered a new episode of its Electric Independence program that features the man behind Depeche Mode, Yazoo, and Erasure, Mr. Vince Clarke. This amazing interview takes place in Clarke's fortress of solitude (read: studio) in Portland, Maine where he harbors a veritable arsenal of enough synths, sequencers, and drum machines to make James Murphy blush. Clarke talks about his early days with Depeche Mode, points out the gear used throughout his recording career, and reveals enough secrets to enlighten the most educated electronic music fiend. Don't miss this great piece of online video, embedded below.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player