Jamie Lidell Unveils Video For New Single "The Ring"
- Words: Patric Fallon
We'd safely wager that the opening bassline—a distorted mouth-made melody—on Jamie Lidell's latest single is one of the strangest sounds you're likely to hear coming from a pop artist this year. By the same token, this music video for "The Ring" is likely to be one of the coolest videos you'll see all year. Seemingly shot from the viewpoint of a few barely focused Holga and medium-format cameras, the video features a solo Lidell waxing lovelorn and wacky in and around a sandy beach—singing the blues about dreams, rings, and shorelines. "The Ring" is taken from Compass, the forthcoming third album from Jamie Lidell, out May 18 via Warp.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player