Jamie Lidell Unveils Video For New Single "The Ring"
- Words: Patric Fallon
We'd safely wager that the opening bassline—a distorted mouth-made melody—on Jamie Lidell's latest single is one of the strangest sounds you're likely to hear coming from a pop artist this year. By the same token, this music video for "The Ring" is likely to be one of the coolest videos you'll see all year. Seemingly shot from the viewpoint of a few barely focused Holga and medium-format cameras, the video features a solo Lidell waxing lovelorn and wacky in and around a sandy beach—singing the blues about dreams, rings, and shorelines. "The Ring" is taken from Compass, the forthcoming third album from Jamie Lidell, out May 18 via Warp.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player