New Album Coming From A Guy Called Gerald
- Words: Patric Fallon
Techno and acid-house veteran A Guy Called Gerald returns again to the album format after years spent dropping singles on disparate labels across the globe. His forthcoming album, entitled Tronic Jazz: The Berlin Sessions, also finds Gerald ditching the seamless mix of his preceding record, 2006's Proto Acid: The Berlin Sessions, for 13 tracks that stand wholly apart. Gerald's latest offering was written and recorded using all vintage analog equipment and a heavy dedication to the classic underground stylings of house and techno from the heyday of the Chicago and Detroit scenes. Tronic Jazz is set for release May 10 on Laboratory Instinct.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player