New Album Coming From A Guy Called Gerald
- Words: Patric Fallon
Techno and acid-house veteran A Guy Called Gerald returns again to the album format after years spent dropping singles on disparate labels across the globe. His forthcoming album, entitled Tronic Jazz: The Berlin Sessions, also finds Gerald ditching the seamless mix of his preceding record, 2006's Proto Acid: The Berlin Sessions, for 13 tracks that stand wholly apart. Gerald's latest offering was written and recorded using all vintage analog equipment and a heavy dedication to the classic underground stylings of house and techno from the heyday of the Chicago and Detroit scenes. Tronic Jazz is set for release May 10 on Laboratory Instinct.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player