Tunng Wants Your Remix in its Contest
- Words: Patric Fallon
London's purveyors of buoyant, electronic-tinged old-timey pop, Tunng, are set to release their fourth album April 6 via Thrill Jockey, entitled ...And Then We Saw Land. Before said album hits digital and physical shelves, the eclectic six-piece wants you to join in on a little contest they've devised along with Drowned in Sound. Land's first single, "Hustle," has been taken apart and made available to any and all who would like to remix its pieces, and enter their finished product for consideration by Tunng. Among other prizes available to the winner, the best remix will be included on the b-side of a forthcoming single. All contestants have until March 31 to submit their entries, and the full contest details are available here.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player