The Books Sign to Temporary Residence, Announce New Album
- Words: Patric Fallon
Call it sound collage, call it electronic indie, or call it totally unclassifiable, but the songs created by The Books stand in a special realm of true ingenuity and innovation. It's been five years since the NY-based duo released its third album, Lost and Safe, but news of the goings-on with the band has finally surfaced. Nick Zammuto and Paul de Jong, the two men behind The Books, have switched homes from the German label Tomlab to NYC's Temporary Residence for the release of a new album, entitled The Way Out, which should be arriving around July of this year. That's just about all that's available to tell as of now, but make sure to check The Books' blog for a lengthy bit of verbiage on the group's hiatus and its move to a new label, with further updates to surface in the months to come.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player