Detroit Techno Pioneers to Headline Decibel Festival in September
- Words: Thomas Rees
The eighth installment of Seattle's Decibel festival will happen September 23-26 of this year, with its perennial focus on live performance, interactive multimedia art, state-of-the-art sound, and technology-based education. What's most exciting about this year's installment is the inclusion of the Detroit 25th Anniversary crew as headliners, featuring techno pioneers such as Kevin Saunderson and Carl Craig. With such a promising line-up already in the bag, it is definitely worthwhile to purchase early-bird tickets now for 40% off at Brown Paper Tickets. And if such steep discounts and great artists haven't convinced you to go yet, just check out the video documenting last year's festival above!
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player