School of Seven Bells to Deliver 'Disconnect' in July
- Words: Patric Fallon
One of the few actual bands on the austere Ghostly label, School of Seven Bells has announced the follow up to its 2008 debut album, Alpinisms. The forthcoming record has been titled Disconnect From Desire, and was produced by band leader Benjamin Curtis along with Jack Joseph Puig. Curtis said of his NY-based band's new album, "From the start, we knew we wanted to make a record that connected on more of a direct and personal level than we ever had before. It's a complete account of our lives this past year, and it's crazy how taking an honest look at yourself can tell you the most about the world around you."
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsSimian Mobile Disco Shares Second Single from 'Whorl'
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player