Carl Craig, Richie Hawtin, Matthew Dear, and More Talk Detroit Electronic Music Festival History on Resident Advisor
- Words: Patric Fallon
For 10 years, Detroit, the birthplace and home of countless amounts of electronic music, has hosted an annual festival every Memorial Day weekend, which has showcased some of the best in the all-encompassing genre's wide array of producers and DJs. Resident Advisor sought out the large number of artists, promoters, journalists, and city officials involved with the Detroit Electronic Music Festival, including the likes of Richie Hawtin, Carl Craig, Anthony Shakir, Matthew Dear, Juan Atkins, DJ 3000, and many, many others, to talk about their experiences through the years of the festival, and why DEMF is important to them and the whole of the electronic music world. It's an epic piece detailing important moments in music history, and we strongly recommend digging into it, here.
- FeatureXLR8R's Best of 2014: Releases (15 - 1)
- MP3Rihanna "What's My Name? (Federation Remix feat. Vybz Kartel)"
- NewsWatch Mala Dig in John Peel's Record Collection
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Midland, Nina Kraviz, our Best of 2014, and More
- FeatureXLR8R's Best of 2014: Readers Poll
XLR8R Downloads Player