Frank-n-Dank's Frank Nitt Releases Debut Solo EP
- Words: Patric Fallon
J. Dilla collaborator and half of Detroit's gritty rap duo Frank-n-Dank, Frank Nitt just released his debut solo EP, Jewels In My Backpack, on Delicious Vinyl. The six-song offering follows the veteran MC's four albums with partner Dankery Harv, and features production work with one-time Snoop Dogg, Talib Kweli, and Warren G collaborator Terrace Martin. Nitt said of the marriage of his and Martin's styles, "[Martin's] much more glossy than where I come from. His production has a shinier sound, which are the jewels. And here I am as this underground artist, a backpack MC who can rock over these jewels." Watch the video for Jewels' first single, "Go Girl feat. Problem," here, and get your hands on the new release here.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player