Frank-n-Dank's Frank Nitt Releases Debut Solo EP
- Words: Patric Fallon
J. Dilla collaborator and half of Detroit's gritty rap duo Frank-n-Dank, Frank Nitt just released his debut solo EP, Jewels In My Backpack, on Delicious Vinyl. The six-song offering follows the veteran MC's four albums with partner Dankery Harv, and features production work with one-time Snoop Dogg, Talib Kweli, and Warren G collaborator Terrace Martin. Nitt said of the marriage of his and Martin's styles, "[Martin's] much more glossy than where I come from. His production has a shinier sound, which are the jewels. And here I am as this underground artist, a backpack MC who can rock over these jewels." Watch the video for Jewels' first single, "Go Girl feat. Problem," here, and get your hands on the new release here.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player