Frank-n-Dank's Frank Nitt Releases Debut Solo EP
- Words: Patric Fallon
J. Dilla collaborator and half of Detroit's gritty rap duo Frank-n-Dank, Frank Nitt just released his debut solo EP, Jewels In My Backpack, on Delicious Vinyl. The six-song offering follows the veteran MC's four albums with partner Dankery Harv, and features production work with one-time Snoop Dogg, Talib Kweli, and Warren G collaborator Terrace Martin. Nitt said of the marriage of his and Martin's styles, "[Martin's] much more glossy than where I come from. His production has a shinier sound, which are the jewels. And here I am as this underground artist, a backpack MC who can rock over these jewels." Watch the video for Jewels' first single, "Go Girl feat. Problem," here, and get your hands on the new release here.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player