Hudson Mohawke Chats by the Fire with Red Bull Music Academy
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Jesse Robeck
Glaswegian beat-making wunderkind and one of XLR8R's favorite saviors of music last year, Hudson Mohawke has long been a producer of interest for this publication. His recent remix for UK grime icon Wiley sent our heads spinning with its alter-dimensional rave sound, and now here's something a bit more personal from the beatsmith. The man known to mum as Ross Birchard sat down with Red Bull Music Academy to take part in the institution's ongoing "Fireside Chat" series (which recently featured Caribou, as well), and delivered an illuminating dissertation on the history of his DJ career, how he learned to produce his kind of soulful wonky beats, joining the LuckyMe and Warp labels, and where he hopes to take Hudson Mohawke in the future. Listen to that talk, which is interspersed with a veritable chronology of HudMo-related tracks, here.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player