Kon & Amir Share Their Top 50 Greatest Hip-Hop Samples
- Words: Patric Fallon
Do you like hip-hop? Certainly you do. At this point in its history, nearly everyone likes some form of the classic genre. Well, if you ever wondered about the building blocks of what could arguably be one of the world's most popular styles of music, wonder no more. Crate-digging buddies Kon & Amir have put together a list of the top 50 quintessential hip-hop samples of all time for Complex.com. With each pick in the countdown, the guys each give their own take on what makes the sample great, and include bits of trivia, original album artwork, and examples of tracks the samples were used in, which include songs from N.W.A., De La Soul, Erik B. & Rakim, Gang Starr, and Dr. Dre. Not only is this hefty project an eye-opening and informative collection of music history, it's also one of the more important musical lists we have yet to see compiled. Check out Kon & Amir's 50 Greatest Hip-Hop Samples of All Time here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player