Mogwai to Release First Live Concert Film, Album
- Words: Patric Fallon
The Glasgow denizens and post-rock progenitors of Mogwai are set to add another couple pages to their six-album, 13-plus-year musical history. On August 24, Mogwai's three-night residency at Brooklyn's Music Hall of Williamsburg in April 2009 will be turned into Burning: 45 minutes of crushingly loud and preciously subtle orchestrations performed over eight contemporary classic songs and captured on film by Vincent Moon and Nathanael Le Scouarnac of La Blogoteque's Take-Away Shows. The official live concert film comes with an accompanying live full-length, entitled Special Moves, which expands on the forthcoming footage by three songs. While you wait patiently for the release date, get your hands on a song from Burning, "New Paths to Helicon Pt. 1," and watch the full trailer below.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player