Mogwai to Release First Live Concert Film, Album
- Words: Patric Fallon
The Glasgow denizens and post-rock progenitors of Mogwai are set to add another couple pages to their six-album, 13-plus-year musical history. On August 24, Mogwai's three-night residency at Brooklyn's Music Hall of Williamsburg in April 2009 will be turned into Burning: 45 minutes of crushingly loud and preciously subtle orchestrations performed over eight contemporary classic songs and captured on film by Vincent Moon and Nathanael Le Scouarnac of La Blogoteque's Take-Away Shows. The official live concert film comes with an accompanying live full-length, entitled Special Moves, which expands on the forthcoming footage by three songs. While you wait patiently for the release date, get your hands on a song from Burning, "New Paths to Helicon Pt. 1," and watch the full trailer below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player