Oval Returns After 10 Years With New Sounds
- Words: Thomas Rees
Glitch and minimal pioneer Markus Popp returns after a 10-year silence with new sounds under his Oval moniker. Though 2003's So collaboration with vocalist Eriko Toyada was wildly successful, Popp decided to focus his efforts anew during his time away, utilizing live recording techniques and organic instrumentation. The culmination of these experiments is the 15-song Oh EP, coming out June 15, which will be followed by a full-length album later in the summer. If first listens are any indication, the EP will prove that Popp hasn't been idling during his time away from releasing records—Oh is as beautiful as anything Popp has ever crafted.
Oh comes out June 15 on Thrill Jockey.
08. saas fairy
09. kastell 4
15. happyend 2
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player