The Pack Ready to 'Party' on Sophomore Album for SMC
- Words: Patric Fallon
Berkeley-based hip-hop phenoms Lil Uno, Lil B, and Young L (a.k.a. The Pack) have dropped their affiliations with Jive to release a follow-up to 2007's Based Boys album on SMC in August. SMC CEO Will Bronson said of his recent deal with The Pack, "I tried signing The Pack when 'Vans' broke but how could I compete with Too $hort? The Pack has always been ahead of the curve and with this new album, the songs are stellar and they've truly evolved into stars. We've got so much in store for these guys, it's incredible.” The new album, entitled Wolfpack Party, seems to find the group experimenting with new sounds and styles far from their breakout hit, "Vans," as heard on this behind-the-scenes video featuring bits of The Pack's new single, "Wolfpack Party 2010," in the background, below. You can also download the single here.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- MP3Ponty Mython "Movin' On"
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHear the Lead Track from Midland's Upcoming EP for Aus
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player