Plastic People Closing Doors for Two Months, Hosting Final Party
- Words: Patric Fallon
A much-talked-about, supported, and petitioned battle to keep London's Plastic People open now has a new page in its story. After its final party with Cooly G this Friday (flier shown above), the club will close its doors for a couple of months to reopen sometime around the end of July or early August. Plastic People states, "[we] are in talks with the council and it seems to be going OK so far," also noting that they will not in fact be moving. (via Fact)
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player