Sasu Ripatti (a.k.a. Vladislav Delay) Preps Two New Albums Under the Name Sistol
- Words: Patric Fallon
Were the electronic music scene more like Communist China, Sasu Ripatti would have been a political prisoner long ago. The Finnish noise maker has to-date released music under more than three monikers, which include Vladislav Delay, Luomo, and Uusitalo, and we all know how producers treat their projects like growing children. The latest addition to the Ripatti family of stage names is Sistol, a guise that is being resurrected after more than a decade of silence. As Sistol, Ripatti has crafted two new full-length albums, one of older unreleased materials and one of completely brand-new work. The former will see release in August with the latter following in September, and both will come to us via the new sublabel from Phthalo, Halo Cyan. Resident Advisor just interviewed the artist about his revived production name, and posted a few more details on his upcoming releases here.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player