Sasu Ripatti (a.k.a. Vladislav Delay) Preps Two New Albums Under the Name Sistol
- Words: Patric Fallon
Were the electronic music scene more like Communist China, Sasu Ripatti would have been a political prisoner long ago. The Finnish noise maker has to-date released music under more than three monikers, which include Vladislav Delay, Luomo, and Uusitalo, and we all know how producers treat their projects like growing children. The latest addition to the Ripatti family of stage names is Sistol, a guise that is being resurrected after more than a decade of silence. As Sistol, Ripatti has crafted two new full-length albums, one of older unreleased materials and one of completely brand-new work. The former will see release in August with the latter following in September, and both will come to us via the new sublabel from Phthalo, Halo Cyan. Resident Advisor just interviewed the artist about his revived production name, and posted a few more details on his upcoming releases here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player