Strange Videos May Hold the Latest from Aphex Twin
- Words: Patric Fallon
So, a few clips on YouTube surfaced yesterday of a recent DJ set performed in Metz, France by Lord Richard D. James, which were purported to contain possible new tracks from the electronic music mastermind. At first we were skeptical of the videos, as it's a bit baffling how the videographer was able to capture such pristine audio while his video quality looks no better than that of a phone's camera, but after a few close inspections, the clips seem totally legit. The music blaring from the soundsystem at James' massive gig sounds less like his Aphex Twin moniker and more like his acid-toting work under the name AFX or even The Tuss (we're sure that was him, right?). If these are in fact new jams from the dance music kingpin, consider us that much more excited for his next release. Check out one of the six videos from James' Metz performance, and a few tour dates, below.
05-26 Düdingen, Switzerland - Kilbi Festival
06-12 Inverness, Scotland - Rockness
08-28 London, England - LED Festival
09-26 Ibiza, Spain - Space Ibiza
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player