Strictly Rhythm Wins Independence, Talks to Resident Advisor
- Words: Patric Fallon
Definitive '90s house label Strictly Rhythm has announced that after years of fighting with Warner Bros. for the rights to its own catalog and remaining under the wing of the Defected label since 2007, on September 1 it will once again become independent for the first time in eight years. In an effort to get the scoop on the ideas and emotions flying about the hearts and minds of Strictly Rhythm's founders, Resident Advisor spoke with co-owner Mark Finkelstein about how his label regrouped after the Warner Bros. fiasco, what pushed them back towards independent status, and what releases are on the horizon for Strictly Rhythm. Check out the whole conversation here.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player