Tanya Morgan's Donwill and Von Pea Are Giving Out Free Sandwiches
- Words: Patric Fallon
Two of the three members from "Brooklynati" hip-hop trio Tanya Morgan, Donwill and Von Pea, are following up their collective and solo releases with an EP of quasi-collaborations with The Roots. Here's the skinny: While playing as the house band for Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, The Roots penned a small group of instrumental interludes that they would play during and around commercial breaks, which they called "sandwiches." Drummer Questlove put together 22 of those cuts and offered them up for free download, after which Donwill and Von Pea snagged nine of their favorite sandwiches and laid their own flows over them—resulting in The Sandwich Shop EP. The project is available for free download here.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player