Tanya Morgan's Donwill and Von Pea Are Giving Out Free Sandwiches
- Words: Patric Fallon
Two of the three members from "Brooklynati" hip-hop trio Tanya Morgan, Donwill and Von Pea, are following up their collective and solo releases with an EP of quasi-collaborations with The Roots. Here's the skinny: While playing as the house band for Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, The Roots penned a small group of instrumental interludes that they would play during and around commercial breaks, which they called "sandwiches." Drummer Questlove put together 22 of those cuts and offered them up for free download, after which Donwill and Von Pea snagged nine of their favorite sandwiches and laid their own flows over them—resulting in The Sandwich Shop EP. The project is available for free download here.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player