Tanya Morgan's Donwill and Von Pea Are Giving Out Free Sandwiches
- Words: Patric Fallon
Two of the three members from "Brooklynati" hip-hop trio Tanya Morgan, Donwill and Von Pea, are following up their collective and solo releases with an EP of quasi-collaborations with The Roots. Here's the skinny: While playing as the house band for Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, The Roots penned a small group of instrumental interludes that they would play during and around commercial breaks, which they called "sandwiches." Drummer Questlove put together 22 of those cuts and offered them up for free download, after which Donwill and Von Pea snagged nine of their favorite sandwiches and laid their own flows over them—resulting in The Sandwich Shop EP. The project is available for free download here.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player