Tiësto & Diplo Take Huge Crap in Your Ears
- Words: Thomas Rees
Remember the YouTube video that was circulating a while back that featured a falsely subtitled interview with Tiësto? In the video, he claims that he starts making tracks by drinking Scotch and watching The Real World while his dog licks his anus, then he interprets those slurping sounds on his Casio. Though his many fans would like to believe otherwise, the Dutch producer's latest collaboration with Diplo is proof that whoever subtitled the video wasn't that far off—"C'Mon" is the aural equivalent of santorum, a called-in piece of disgusting trance chords, shitty electro bass, and kicks that a feral child could imitate in his sleep. Check it out on Beatport, or listen to a low bit-rate version of the whole track here. And be prepared to hear this playing at the next Lakers game.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player