Christian Fennesz, David Daniell, Tony Buck to Release Live Album this August
- Words: Patric Fallon
Austrian ambient soundscape producer Christian Fennesz joined forces with German drummer Tony Buck and Chicago-based experimental composer David Daniell (pictured above) for a collaborative performance at the Big Ears Festival in Knoxville, Tennessee, back in February '09. The material that was recorded from the live set is being released as an album August 24 on Thrill Jockey. Simply called Knoxville, the forthcoming release features four expansive compositions that incorporate all of the forward-thinking musician's styles. Check out the cover and tracklist below.
Heat From Light
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player