DaVinci Talks Turf, Jail Time, and More Hometown News With The Bay Citizen
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Adithya Sambamurthy
San Francisco's latest break-out MC, DaVinci, recently talked with XLR8R freelancer David Downs for his insightful piece published today on The Bay Citizen. Downs and DaVinci touch on the many topics thoroughly covered in the MC's debut album, The Day the Turf Stood Still, including the gentrification of his hometown neighborhood, The Fillmore, the underbelly of San Francisco, and his plight against violence within hip-hop music and culture. You can read the whole article here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player