Ghostly Celebrates 100 Releases With SF/LA Shows and Give-Away
- Words: Patric Fallon
Truthfully, we're a little surprised Ann Arbor, Michigan's long-standing electronic label, Ghostly International, hasn't already broken the 100 mark in its discography. Throughout its decade-plus time as an artful, forward-thinking music hub, Ghostly has released a huge amount of great records with amazing packaging tailor-made to fit each eclectic release. But this limited-edition 100th release absolutely takes the cake. Called Manzoku: The Ghostly Bento (pictured above), GI-100 is a hand-crafted wooden box modeled after Japanese traditions of quality and design, and contains a triptych of goodies: a special edition of the Horizon Line / Ghostly By Night compilation, a Ghostly silk tie, and a pair of Ghostly-branded chopsticks, all adorned with a special design from Dosa. XLR8R decided we'd like to help one of our favorite labels celebrate, and are offering one lucky winner a chance to get their hands on this exclusive piece. Shoot us an email at email@example.com with "Ghostly Bento Box" in the subject line, and a little blurb about your favorite Ghostly release. Make sure to get your entry in before Friday, July 2 at 9 a.m. PST to be considered.
After tossing over that email, make sure to check out these two epic events Ghostly is hosting in SF (July 9 at Mezzanine) and LA (July 10 at The Stone Bar). Each audio/visual extravaganza will feature live performances from Tycho, Shigeto, The Sight Below, and Mux Mool, with Solvent making a special appearance at the SF party. Check out the details for the LA jump-off here, and the info for the SF show here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player