Ghostly Celebrates 100 Releases With SF/LA Shows and Give-Away
- Words: Patric Fallon
Truthfully, we're a little surprised Ann Arbor, Michigan's long-standing electronic label, Ghostly International, hasn't already broken the 100 mark in its discography. Throughout its decade-plus time as an artful, forward-thinking music hub, Ghostly has released a huge amount of great records with amazing packaging tailor-made to fit each eclectic release. But this limited-edition 100th release absolutely takes the cake. Called Manzoku: The Ghostly Bento (pictured above), GI-100 is a hand-crafted wooden box modeled after Japanese traditions of quality and design, and contains a triptych of goodies: a special edition of the Horizon Line / Ghostly By Night compilation, a Ghostly silk tie, and a pair of Ghostly-branded chopsticks, all adorned with a special design from Dosa. XLR8R decided we'd like to help one of our favorite labels celebrate, and are offering one lucky winner a chance to get their hands on this exclusive piece. Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Ghostly Bento Box" in the subject line, and a little blurb about your favorite Ghostly release. Make sure to get your entry in before Friday, July 2 at 9 a.m. PST to be considered.
After tossing over that email, make sure to check out these two epic events Ghostly is hosting in SF (July 9 at Mezzanine) and LA (July 10 at The Stone Bar). Each audio/visual extravaganza will feature live performances from Tycho, Shigeto, The Sight Below, and Mux Mool, with Solvent making a special appearance at the SF party. Check out the details for the LA jump-off here, and the info for the SF show here.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player