Kim Hiorthøy and Drivan to Release Debut Full-Length this August on Smalltown Supersound
- Words: Patric Fallon
Sweden's folky, proggy, dancey, poppy, whatever-y quartet Drivan has finished work on its debut album, Disko, to be released August 18 via Smalltown Supersound. The band, which is more or less the brain child of Norwegian visual artist and musician Kim Hiorthøy, wrote the forthcoming record in the south of Sweden and Stockholm throughout 2008 and 2009 using a process described as "[starting with a] Kim Hiorthøy loop, with lyrics and melodies eventually being built upon by all the collaborators." You can snag an early taste of Disko with the album's first single, "Kämpa," below.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player