Kim Hiorthøy and Drivan to Release Debut Full-Length this August on Smalltown Supersound
- Words: Patric Fallon
Sweden's folky, proggy, dancey, poppy, whatever-y quartet Drivan has finished work on its debut album, Disko, to be released August 18 via Smalltown Supersound. The band, which is more or less the brain child of Norwegian visual artist and musician Kim Hiorthøy, wrote the forthcoming record in the south of Sweden and Stockholm throughout 2008 and 2009 using a process described as "[starting with a] Kim Hiorthøy loop, with lyrics and melodies eventually being built upon by all the collaborators." You can snag an early taste of Disko with the album's first single, "Kämpa," below.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player