Kim Hiorthøy and Drivan to Release Debut Full-Length this August on Smalltown Supersound
- Words: Patric Fallon
Sweden's folky, proggy, dancey, poppy, whatever-y quartet Drivan has finished work on its debut album, Disko, to be released August 18 via Smalltown Supersound. The band, which is more or less the brain child of Norwegian visual artist and musician Kim Hiorthøy, wrote the forthcoming record in the south of Sweden and Stockholm throughout 2008 and 2009 using a process described as "[starting with a] Kim Hiorthøy loop, with lyrics and melodies eventually being built upon by all the collaborators." You can snag an early taste of Disko with the album's first single, "Kämpa," below.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player