Kim Hiorthøy and Drivan to Release Debut Full-Length this August on Smalltown Supersound
- Words: Patric Fallon
Sweden's folky, proggy, dancey, poppy, whatever-y quartet Drivan has finished work on its debut album, Disko, to be released August 18 via Smalltown Supersound. The band, which is more or less the brain child of Norwegian visual artist and musician Kim Hiorthøy, wrote the forthcoming record in the south of Sweden and Stockholm throughout 2008 and 2009 using a process described as "[starting with a] Kim Hiorthøy loop, with lyrics and melodies eventually being built upon by all the collaborators." You can snag an early taste of Disko with the album's first single, "Kämpa," below.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player