Matthew Dear to Release New Album via Ghostly
- Words: Patric Fallon
Three years after his last full-length album, the genre-defying Asa Breed, veteran producer Matthew Dear has finished work on his follow-up album, his fourth full-length, Black City. The new record will be released August 17 on Dear's longtime label, Ghostly, and features 10 tracks of the artist's subtly funky style of twisted pop music—among whatever other random styles he sees fit to sprinkle throughout. The album's press release reports that Black City is "the culmination of years of hard work and experimentation, a darkly playful sound-world that envelops the listener like the arms of a malevolent lover." Get a preview with "I Can't Feel," over on Dear's website, and check out the album artwork and tracklist below.
I Can’t Feel
Little People (Black City)
Soil To Seed
You Put A Smell On Me
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player