Matthew Dear to Release New Album via Ghostly
- Words: Patric Fallon
Three years after his last full-length album, the genre-defying Asa Breed, veteran producer Matthew Dear has finished work on his follow-up album, his fourth full-length, Black City. The new record will be released August 17 on Dear's longtime label, Ghostly, and features 10 tracks of the artist's subtly funky style of twisted pop music—among whatever other random styles he sees fit to sprinkle throughout. The album's press release reports that Black City is "the culmination of years of hard work and experimentation, a darkly playful sound-world that envelops the listener like the arms of a malevolent lover." Get a preview with "I Can't Feel," over on Dear's website, and check out the album artwork and tracklist below.
I Can’t Feel
Little People (Black City)
Soil To Seed
You Put A Smell On Me
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player