Thomas Köner to Re-Release First Three Albums on Type
- Words: Patric Fallon
German drone icon Thomas Köner has been pioneering new, strange sounds within the realm of noise and drone music since the early '90s. In those days, the experimental musician and composer wrote and recorded three albums that set the bar for any like-minded music to come. The three records, Nunatak, Teimo, and Permafrost, have long been out of print, but now, thanks to the Type label, they will soon be available as one three-disc collection. August 17 will see the release of Nunatak, Teimo, Permafrost, a triptych of dark ambient music from Köner, featuring his extensive work with gongs and homemade wind instruments. You can listen to some of the forthcoming music here and here, and check out the artwork below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player