Thrill Jockey to Release Boredoms' 77 Boadrum Performance on DVD
- Words: Patric Fallon
We're sure many of you—most certainly ourselves—remember the day, a few years ago, when 77 drummers from around the world amassed in Brooklyn's Empire-Fulton Ferry State Park at the behest of Japanese noise experimentalists Boredoms. July 7, 2007 at 7:07 p.m., the hive of percussionists let loose with a piece of rhythm-centric music written by the veteran Japanese group, and thankfully, Jun Kawaguchi and his various talented crew memebers were there to capture the experience. The 89-minute documentary, which comes out on DVD September 7 via Thrill Jockey, contains heaping amounts of footage from the performance, along with extensive interviews, bits from rehearsals, and a series of photo postcards only available in the US release.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player