Thrill Jockey to Release Boredoms' 77 Boadrum Performance on DVD
- Words: Patric Fallon
We're sure many of you—most certainly ourselves—remember the day, a few years ago, when 77 drummers from around the world amassed in Brooklyn's Empire-Fulton Ferry State Park at the behest of Japanese noise experimentalists Boredoms. July 7, 2007 at 7:07 p.m., the hive of percussionists let loose with a piece of rhythm-centric music written by the veteran Japanese group, and thankfully, Jun Kawaguchi and his various talented crew memebers were there to capture the experience. The 89-minute documentary, which comes out on DVD September 7 via Thrill Jockey, contains heaping amounts of footage from the performance, along with extensive interviews, bits from rehearsals, and a series of photo postcards only available in the US release.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player