Thrill Jockey to Release Boredoms' 77 Boadrum Performance on DVD
- Words: Patric Fallon
We're sure many of you—most certainly ourselves—remember the day, a few years ago, when 77 drummers from around the world amassed in Brooklyn's Empire-Fulton Ferry State Park at the behest of Japanese noise experimentalists Boredoms. July 7, 2007 at 7:07 p.m., the hive of percussionists let loose with a piece of rhythm-centric music written by the veteran Japanese group, and thankfully, Jun Kawaguchi and his various talented crew memebers were there to capture the experience. The 89-minute documentary, which comes out on DVD September 7 via Thrill Jockey, contains heaping amounts of footage from the performance, along with extensive interviews, bits from rehearsals, and a series of photo postcards only available in the US release.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player