Watch Pictureplane's "True Ruin Light Body" Video
- Words: Patric Fallon
Isomorph label head Kate Moross directs this lengthy music video for Pictureplane's latest single, "True Ruin Light Body," which was recently released by Moross' label. For the video, she paired her art direction with video producer Hans Lo and graphic designer Jack Featherstone to properly execute the visuals accompanying Pictureplane's new song. Footage of producer Travis Egedy was processed and rotoscoped before being laid over the bright shining lights that color in the video's background, and graphic elements continue to be layered atop it all as the song itself becomes more dense with new sounds. The finished product is a simple counterpart for the track, and ideal for music rooted in the nostalgia of '90s house.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player