Lone Announces New Single and Label
- Words: Ken Taylor
Lone (a.k.a. Matt Cutler), the Nottingham-based abstract beat crafter best known for his 2008 opus, Lemurian, has just announced the launch of his own label, Magic Wire Recordings, and the release of his new single, "Pineapple Crush" b/w "Angel Brain," which is expected to arrive August 16. "Pineapple Crush" is full of ravey but warm synth stabs and funky percussion, which isn't quite what one might expect from the producer, whose past albums take on a more Flying Lotus-esque shape. The b, "'Angel Brain," churns along at 130 bpm, and has its roots very firmly planted in Detroit and London sounds. Check out clips of the tunes here.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player