Martyn, Efdemin, and Mathew Jonson on Tiga's New Remix EP
- Words: Patric Fallon
Last year, we reported on Canadian electro head Tiga planning to release a series of remix EPs, each focusing on a single track from 2009's Ciao! album. Four 12" records are planned for the series, the third of which is set to be released July 13 via Turbo. The forthcoming Gentle Giant Remixes EP contains three versions of the track, though you can score an extra remix in the digital version, and features reworks from D.C. dubstepper Martyn, Berlin technophile Efdemin, and Canadian-turned-Berliner Mathew Jonson. On the artists involved with the remixing, Tiga said, "When a song means a lot to you personally, having it remixed is a lot like sending your child to undergo plastic surgery. In this case, though, it was like having the operation performed by doctors you respect as musicians." You can check out the artwork for Gentle Giant Remixes below.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player