Martyn, Efdemin, and Mathew Jonson on Tiga's New Remix EP
- Words: Patric Fallon
Last year, we reported on Canadian electro head Tiga planning to release a series of remix EPs, each focusing on a single track from 2009's Ciao! album. Four 12" records are planned for the series, the third of which is set to be released July 13 via Turbo. The forthcoming Gentle Giant Remixes EP contains three versions of the track, though you can score an extra remix in the digital version, and features reworks from D.C. dubstepper Martyn, Berlin technophile Efdemin, and Canadian-turned-Berliner Mathew Jonson. On the artists involved with the remixing, Tiga said, "When a song means a lot to you personally, having it remixed is a lot like sending your child to undergo plastic surgery. In this case, though, it was like having the operation performed by doctors you respect as musicians." You can check out the artwork for Gentle Giant Remixes below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player