New Stussy Book/CD Package to Examine Greensleeves' Classic Covers
- Words: Michael Blumenfeld
Stussy and Greensleeves have teamed up to release a book/mix-CD package all curated by London-based DJ and graphic designer Alex Newman (a.k.a. DJ Al Fingers). The book will feature articles as well as the album art of the first 100 releases on the legendary reggae label, most of which were created by artist Tony McDermott. Newman was approached by clothing label Stüssy to produce a mix CD back in 2008, and now its 56 tracks are ready for release, as is a range of t-shirts and badges incorporating elements of some of the record sleeves from the book. Greensleeves: The First 100 Covers is available now here or at Stussy stores and stockists.
(via Creative Review)
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player