New Stussy Book/CD Package to Examine Greensleeves' Classic Covers
- Words: Michael Blumenfeld
Stussy and Greensleeves have teamed up to release a book/mix-CD package all curated by London-based DJ and graphic designer Alex Newman (a.k.a. DJ Al Fingers). The book will feature articles as well as the album art of the first 100 releases on the legendary reggae label, most of which were created by artist Tony McDermott. Newman was approached by clothing label Stüssy to produce a mix CD back in 2008, and now its 56 tracks are ready for release, as is a range of t-shirts and badges incorporating elements of some of the record sleeves from the book. Greensleeves: The First 100 Covers is available now here or at Stussy stores and stockists.
(via Creative Review)
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player