New Stussy Book/CD Package to Examine Greensleeves' Classic Covers
- Words: Michael Blumenfeld
Stussy and Greensleeves have teamed up to release a book/mix-CD package all curated by London-based DJ and graphic designer Alex Newman (a.k.a. DJ Al Fingers). The book will feature articles as well as the album art of the first 100 releases on the legendary reggae label, most of which were created by artist Tony McDermott. Newman was approached by clothing label Stüssy to produce a mix CD back in 2008, and now its 56 tracks are ready for release, as is a range of t-shirts and badges incorporating elements of some of the record sleeves from the book. Greensleeves: The First 100 Covers is available now here or at Stussy stores and stockists.
(via Creative Review)
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player