Read the New Issue of XLR8R for Free Right Now!
- Words: Ken Taylor
- Photo: Nick Helderman
Summer's officially in full swing, and just when you thought it couldn't get any hotter, we drop a bomb of a new issue on you. The master of the Minimal Nation, Robert Hood, returns to the fray from his home in Alabama, and we dig in deep with the former Motown resident in our cover story before surveying LA's still-burgeoning beat scene (Shlohmo, Alex B, Baths, Take et al), heading east to Toronto to sit down with new disco-house dons Azari & III, and even further east to chat up London dubstep iconoclasts Mount Kimbie. Download the full magazine in PDF form here, or view the issue online at Issuu.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player