Watch Shaun Bloodworth's Sheffield Documentary, 'Minds Locked Together'
- Words: Patric Fallon
The man whose photography has nearly come to define the electronic music producers and record labels throughout the UK (and even on into the States a bit), Shaun Bloodworth, has just released a new film for free viewing on his website. The project, entitled Minds Locked Together, was commissioned by BBC1's Mary Anne Hobbs (pictured above) to show during her performance at Sonar 2010. In Bloodworth's own words, "The film really is a document of life in Sheffield, based around the electronic music scene, but it's also about the transformation of an empty venue into a place to experience a specific musical event. Of course, it features performers, but this is a celebration of the unsung heroes: the promoters and paying audience." The mix of tunes behind the photographer-cum-director's piece is by Grievous Angel, and there are a few special appearances throughout the 15-minute flick from veteran DJ/radio personalities like Hobbs and David Rodigan. You can check out the trailer for the movie below, or just watch the whole thing here.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player