Watch Shaun Bloodworth's Sheffield Documentary, 'Minds Locked Together'
- Words: Patric Fallon
The man whose photography has nearly come to define the electronic music producers and record labels throughout the UK (and even on into the States a bit), Shaun Bloodworth, has just released a new film for free viewing on his website. The project, entitled Minds Locked Together, was commissioned by BBC1's Mary Anne Hobbs (pictured above) to show during her performance at Sonar 2010. In Bloodworth's own words, "The film really is a document of life in Sheffield, based around the electronic music scene, but it's also about the transformation of an empty venue into a place to experience a specific musical event. Of course, it features performers, but this is a celebration of the unsung heroes: the promoters and paying audience." The mix of tunes behind the photographer-cum-director's piece is by Grievous Angel, and there are a few special appearances throughout the 15-minute flick from veteran DJ/radio personalities like Hobbs and David Rodigan. You can check out the trailer for the movie below, or just watch the whole thing here.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player