Watch Tobacco's Video for "Grape Aerosmith (feat. Beck)"
- Words: Patric Fallon
The formula makes sense; Tobacco is weird, Beck is (relatively) weird, and the song they wrote together, "Grape Aerosmith," is kinda weird too, so yes, the video should also be weird. But what director Allen Cordell delivers is unprecedentedly strange and nonsensical. A man named James Petz—who is apparently the CEO of something—makes some calls asking for an Elaine, tidies up his workspace, talks briefly to the camera, and heads out into the world, which all happens before losing his mind and inexplicably ending up in the woods with a trio of colorful characters. Oh yeah, and then meat comes out of his face and silly string springs from his head. Trippy, bro.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player